Our History and Trusted Standards
Serving families since 1855 has given us generations of experience in caring for families at the most delicate and difficult times they face in life.
With over 150 years of experience serving families in the Red River Valley, you can depend on our compassion, knowledge, and experience in your family’s time of need.
Attention to detail and outstanding care have been the driving factors for each generation of the Boulger family. Our most important concern is treating your family like ours.
We embrace the identity of each family that comes through our doors. Know that we will do everything in our power to ensure that you and your loved one’s wishes are honored and celebrated.
Every family’s cultural background, financial situation, and immediate worries are different. We at Boulger are committed to working with you to resolve any concerns or issues that may arise, and always with a warm heart and professional attitude.
Our Pledge to You
The Code of Good Funeral Practice Selected Independent Funeral Homes.
As funeral directors, our calling imposes upon us special responsibilities to those we serve and to the public at large. An important obligation is to provide information so that everyone can make knowledgeable decisions about funerals and funeral directors. In acceptance of our responsibilities, and as a condition of our membership in Selected Independent Funeral Homes, we affirm the following standards of good funeral practice and hereby pledge:
- To provide the public with information about funerals, including prices, and about the functions, services and responsibilities of funeral directors.
- To afford a continuing opportunity to all persons to discuss or arrange funerals in advance.
- To make funerals available in as wide a range of price categories as necessary to meet the needs of all segments of the community, and affirmatively to extend to everyone the right of, inspecting and freely considering all of them.
- To quote conspicuously in writing the charges for every funeral offered and to identify clearly the services, facilities, equipment and merchandise included in such quotations.
- To furnish each family at the time funeral arrangements are made, a written memorandum of charges and to make no additional charge without the approval of the purchaser.
- To make no representation, written or oral, which may be false or misleading, and to apply a standard of honesty in all dealings.
- To respect all faiths, creeds and customs, and to give full effect to the role of the clergy.
- To maintain a qualified and competent staff, complete facilities and suitable equipment required for comprehensive funeral service.
- To assure those we serve the right of personal choice and decision in making funeral arrangements.
- To be responsible to the needs of the poor, serving them within their means.
- To comply fully with the requirements of the FTC Trade Regulation Rule on funeral practices (USA).
We pledge to conduct ourselves in every way and at all times in such a manner as to deserve the public trust, and to place a copy of this Code of Good Funeral Practice in the possession of a representative of all parties with whom we arrange funerals.